386 clones and unix compatibility

John Peters jsp at sp7040.UUCP
Tue Aug 30 05:02:45 AEST 1988

In article <374 at seila.UUCP>, don at seila.UUCP (Don Kossman) writes:
> i'm trying to put together a cost-effective (read: cheap :-)) 386
> box which will initially run dos but must eventually run a real
> 386 unix, probably bell technologies (365$ for a complete 2-user
> development system) or perhaps interactive systems 386/ix if i
> can scratch up the cash.

	I am running ISC and a friend is running Microport.  The machines
are both Everex Step 386/20's with 4 meg and Seagate ST-4096 Drives.  Both
have been up for just about 8 days now (brand spanking new machines).
Neither one has had a problem of any kind so far.  Is far as I can tell
the limiting factor on both is definitely the speed of disk i/o.  I'm
happy as can be with it.

					--  Johnnie  --

ps.  If you have questions send mail to me:  jsp at marvin or jsp at sp7040