Xenix reliability (Was: Re: Bell Tech 386 SysVr3)

Greg Woods woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Tue Aug 16 15:27:25 AEST 1988

In article <1257 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article ... woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Greg Woods) writes about how
>HP systems are more reliable than UNIX:

I'm not sure how these things happen....

I've never used an HP system in my life!  I don't even like their
calculators! :-) (The workstation I saw recently turned my crank though)

I think the article in question my have mentioned the SUN I'm writing
this on?  It now says:
% uptime
  1:21am  up 61 days, 17:38,  3 users,  load average: 3.05, 2.25, 1.29
% uname -a
gpu.utcs gpu.utcs 4.2BSD vm sun

Too bad gpu generates unbearably long article id's.  Otherwise I might
have traced this one down.

I know it takes time, money, and space, but let's not delete too many
lines next time!  This takes the same kind of resources too!

Don't delete artilce id's either.
--
						Greg Woods.

UUCP: utgpu!woods, utgpu!{ontmoh, ontmoh!ixpierre}!woods
VOICE: (416) 242-7572 [h]		LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada