pcomm on SCO Xenix. (WAS: Re: uugetty for SCO Xenix)

Steve Manes manes at dasys1.UUCP
Tue Aug 2 17:08:42 AEST 1988

In article <4089 at conexch.UUCP> root at conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) writes:
>In article <368 at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> jml at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Here are the flaws/anomalies I have found in version 1.0 of pcomm under
>SCO Xenix 386:

My project for the month is to get Pcomm working reliably with Xenix.  I've
fixed some of the bugs you noted (the ones you mentionedabout Xmodem are
fortuitous... I haven't really tried to use it for file transfers yet).  I've
added LCK file support for the uppercase serial device (no one really knows
helplessness until he runs a comm program when UUCP wakes up, sees no
lockfile on the port and decides to start talking).  I've also
got lockfile checking installed (many programs create 'em and expect the
next guy to clean them up.  I've added checking for an active PID).  Added
also is reinvocation of 'getty' for the port and resetting of the modem.
Hmmm.... and a bunch of minor other things.

All in all, I'm really thrilled with Pcomm.  It's a great version 1.0
looking for an even greater version 2.0.  Nice job, Emmet!  I'll upload the
diffs when I'm done.
--
+-----
+ Steve Manes