Test SCO Xenix IPC reliability

Larry Baird lab at sdgsunsdgsun.com
Sat Aug 27 07:09:59 AEST 1988

in article <166 at ispi.UUCP>, jbayer at ispi.UUCP (id for use with uunet/usenet) says:

> I think Richard is right.  I added two sleep(1) to the program, one in
> the child() and one in the parent().  With these additions the program
> starts up and prints TICK/TOCK even when creating the shared memory
> segment for the first time.  I enclosed the new program below:

An better fix is to move the setting of loc[0]
	(*loc = 1 and *loc = 0 )
to after there respective kills.
The first kill from parent to child will be ignored, but the
kill from child to parent will sink up the whole process.

--
Larry A. Baird 				Software Design Group, Inc.
Manager, Software Development             800 Trafalgar Ct. Suite 340