Bell Tech 386 SysVr3

John Owens john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US
Tue Aug 16 03:52:31 AEST 1988

In article <728 at wb3ffv.UUCP>, howardl at wb3ffv.UUCP (Howard Leadmon ) writes:
>    Well this may be OK, but I would rather see it broke down into the
> different vendor catagories under the specific processors.

> [ list of 7 newsgroups ]

>  I know this idea will create a half dozen new groups, but it will certanly
> keep similar interests togeather.

This is the opposite direction that I feel we should be going.  With
the 2.3 release of SCO Xenix, Xenix and the other 386 Unixes will be
much more similar, so I think that either the pair
	comp.unix.i286
	comp.unix.i386
should be created, or one group should be created, merging
comp.unix.xenix, comp.unix.microport, and the info-386ix mailing list.
I don't have a good name for it, but something like
	comp.unix.i86
    or	comp.unix.intel
might do.  (Certainly the occasional Xenix/86 question is welcome.)

Comments?
--
John Owens		john at jetson.UPMA.MD.US
SMART HOUSE L.P.	uunet!jetson!john		(old uucp)