Bell Tech 386 SysVr3

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.UUCP
Sun Aug 7 11:51:39 AEST 1988

In article <404 at uport.UUCP> plocher at uport.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:

>Hey Guys,
>
>	Did you notice the name of the group you are flaming in?
>	I didn't think so.  Try comp.unix.xenix (or even better, try email)
>
>	-John Plocher

Cross posting to .xenix and .microport is needed these days, since
the net Gods have seen fit to provide only these two groups for
286 and 386 UNIX'es.  Where are Bell Tech, ISC, and Venturcom people
to go?  How can you discuss the relative merits of each companies
offerings without cross posting?

With the impending merge of UNIX, it makes more sense to just break
the groups as "i286" and "i386".

Not only does this break the audience into camps with similar needs
and problems, but it also gets rid of the commercial aspects to
the existing group names (something that doesn't bother me, but
does bother some).
--
		Rick Richardson, PC Research, Inc.

(201) 542-3734 (voice, nights)   OR     (201) 389-8963 (voice, days)
uunet!pcrat!rick (UUCP)			rick%pcrat.uucp at uunet.uu.net (INTERNET)