Specifying control chars in L.sys file

James Bohem jamescb at sco.COM
Wed Aug 24 11:27:38 AEST 1988

In article <375 at marob.MASA.COM> daveh at marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) writes:
>With regard to plain vanilla SCO Xenix 2.2 UUCP:
>
>Is there any way to specify in the L.sys file, that control characters other
>than Break and EOT be transmitted during a login sequence ?

With regard to plain vanilla, no. Some of us thought this was generally useful
stuff, and it got hacked in earlier this year. SCO Support (800-626-4381) has
a "Telebit Utilities" disk available which contains a uucico that has the
expect-send sequences you are looking for. Additionally, Xenix 2.3 (soon)
has Honey-DanBer UUCP, which also has this capability.

I apologize for wasting bandwidth on this subject again, but while I'm at it:

comp.unix.intel

is my pref. for the *_ONE_* newsgroup for *NIX discussions on i*86's.