new groups for iX86 unix (was: Bell Tech 386 SysVr3)

Brian Beattie beattie at visenix.UUCP
Fri Aug 19 23:15:10 AEST 1988

In article <1608 at edison.GE.COM>, rja at edison.GE.COM (rja) writes:
> > In article <728 at wb3ffv.UUCP> howardl at wb3ffv.UUCP (Howard Leadmon ) writes:
> > >comp.unix.i286			General 80286 UNIX discussions
             .
             .
             .
> > >comp.unix.1386.xenix		For 80386 Xenix
>
>   This is excessive and still fails to address the point that Real Soon Now
> there won't be a hill of beans worth of difference between Xenix and the
> AT&T/Intel/interactive Systems/Microport/BellTech System V/386 port.
when this is seen as true I will beleive it.  The fact of the matter that
what is being proposed is that Xenix will be made compatible.  Microsoft
will continue to try to give there product unique features.  If they don't
then what excuse do they have for existing.  Please note that not everyone
who buys System V/AT or System V/386 does so for price reasons, some of us
do it because we want a system that conforms more closely AT&T (I'm still
waiting for 4.4 BSD/386)

--
Brian Beattie	 | (703)471-7552
MSDOS/OS2        | 11525 Hickory Cluster, Reston, VA. 22090