The me nroff/troff macro package.

William R. Pearson wrp at biochsn.acc.virginia.edu
Sun Aug 21 23:58:26 AEST 1988

In article <672 at force10.UUCP> erskine at force10.UUCP (Neil Erskine) writes:
>	I have been trying to get the me macro package that originates
>from Berkeley to work under the Xenix Text Processing System (Release 2.0),
>but have had no luck.  I put the files where I think they ought to go (tmac.e
>in /usr/lib/tmac, and the others in /usr/lib/me), and say "nroff -me",  it
>is as though I just said nroff.  If I say "cat tmac.e source.me | nroff",
>I get ZERO, nothing.

	I do not know why, but Xenix's nroff/troff will not work with
the -me macros.  I also tried.  Apparently they are using an old version
of nroff/troff.  I was able to get them to run by compiling current
DWB nroff under Xenix, but it core dumps with some frequency.  I also
consider this a substantial shortcoming, that may be removed when the
merged ATT/Microsoft product comes out (although now that DWB has been
removed from Unix, nroff/troff may not be included).

Bill Pearson