*NIX <--> WANG

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at ncc.Nexus.CA
Mon Aug 1 03:10:09 AEST 1988

In article <552 at mcl.UUCP> stacy at mcl.UUCP (Stacy L. Millions) writes:
>Help is on the way, it seems that Wang will be releasing a gateway
>package. I phoned my local Wang office (or as local as I can get in
>the middle of Sask.) and was told it will be available in 3 to 4 weeks.
>They had no information on what it would gate way to, but with a
>bit of luck and the blessing of the net gods (any one want to sacrifice
>a kitchen appliance or two) it should do the trick.

Hmm... We were told nearly two years ago that Wang would release a
port of Unix in "three to four weeks." Does anyone know if it's
shipping? They have also been promising to release an Ethernet
interface with TCP/IP for at least a year now. Has anyone heard
of it yet, either?

I wouldn't base a business decision on Wang's promised delivery
dates. I've seen some of our customers get burned several times
by counting on Wang's promises...

--
VE6BBM   {alberta,pyramid,uunet}!ncc!lyndon  lyndon at Nexus.CA