Room for news

Super user root at telmail.UUCP
Wed Aug 31 07:03:54 AEST 1988

Unfortunate (not to say dumb) partitioning of my harddisk now forces
me to expire most news after 1 day.

I plan to repartition my 320MB drive containing SCO XENIX/386, with 1K
filesystem in the near future, and need some tips on it:

- How much MB I should reserve for a /usr/spool disk wich contains 14 days
  of news (/usr/spool/news) and UUCP spool files (when receiving news in
  /usr/spool/uucp)?
- How much MB should there be free on the root filesystem?
- Should I create any other virtual disks? (/tmp or /usr/tmp f.e.)

The main application is a BBS with 9 telephone lines, maintaining a few large,
slowly expanding C-ISAM files. Informix is used to update the files on line,
and there are a large number of fairly static download files.

Any tips are welcome!

Richard
(...!mcvax!neabbs!richard)