New: afio backups, directory ownership?

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.UUCP
Wed Jun 15 14:37:02 AEST 1988

In article <kWh1Ygy00VoD46mGwT at andrew.cmu.edu> jl42+ at andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:

>So, what did I do wrong? What funny switch(es) is(are) necessary to
>get afio to write and restore directory modes too?

As posted, afio gives directories the permissions of their parent when
they are created because they are needed to hold a file.  Since the
-depth flag to find causes the directories to be written last (necessary
to deal with read-only directories) you don't get the original
permissions restored.  A patch was posted to correct this not long
after the afio posting.  I can dig it up if you need it.

  Les Mikesell