SCO and the attribute byte

Jack Stephens jms at wzlr.UUCP
Tue Jun 7 15:16:03 AEST 1988

I recently purchased some SCO software and rediscovered a problem that I
had hoped had been solved by now:  SCO's distaste for attribute bytes.

I am running SCO professional and (soon) SCO Lyrix on some televideo
terminals and have had to hack together a termcap entry that gets around
the attribute byte problem (sg#1) using low intensity.  A less than
satisfactory solution, particularly in the spreadsheet.

Does anyone know the reason for this quirk in SCO software ?
Anyone have a fix?  Is there any hope that this might be addressed in
some future release of the products ?

jms
Jack Stephens
Digital Technology Resources             @@@@___@@@@@@@____@@@@@@@@@__@@@@@@@___