"Smart" serial boards for the 80386

Howard Leadmon howardl at wb3ffv.UUCP
Wed Jun 22 05:57:22 AEST 1988

   Hello Netters,

 After a call to Bell Technoligies today I was informed that I am now incorrect
in my statement that there card uses the bus signals for timing. They now have
an onboard crystal oscilator that generates the clock pulses, which will be a
nice improvment. I cannot say if the new style ICC works any better than the
older product that I own, since I don't have one here to test. If at some point
I ever get my hands on a new revision board I will report the results to every-
one here on the net...