missing ansi stuff in terminfo

John Waycott waycott at checkers.UUCP
Wed Jun 15 03:05:30 AEST 1988

We recently started using Xenix here, and I found that an application that
uses terminfo didn't work right on Xenix.  The problem is that the
terminfo description for "ansi" supplied with SCO Xenix is missing such
things as blink, dim, reverse, and turn off all attributes.

Looking at the terminfo source, it appears that SCO purposely removed these
definitions.  I put them back in, and everything works fine except
underline, which I assume to be due to the ega card we are using (The
SCO manual says underline does not work in color).

We are using Xenix 2.2 on a Wyse 286 PC.

Can someone tell my why SCO took this stuff out?
--
John Waycott	{asuvax, sun!sunburn}!checkers!waycott