"Smart" serial boards for the 80386

Bill Kennedy bill at carpet.WLK.COM
Fri Jun 24 14:51:19 AEST 1988

In article <235 at belltec.UUCP> jim at belltec.UUCP (Mr. Jim's Own Logon) writes:

>    A lot of complaints about Bell Tech all of a sudden. I'm sorry that you
>don't like the serial card. You are in the minority. It is still the best
>selling smart card in Europe, and one of the best in the US. We have a full
>time tech support staff to handle problems with any of our hardware or

I'm deleting the rest because it isn't pertinent to what I want to wail about.
Ahah! Gotcha!  A real live breathing, speaking person from Bell Tech.  I'm
not raw about the board, but I am about Bell Tech and I speak for no fewwer
than four others in the same boat.

I'll have to defer to your opinion about your boards, drivers, and other
software because I have been unable to get one stitch of information out
of your firm about any of the above.  The "others" I refer to have the same
problem, one of them wants to buy a 20MHz 80386 full up system and he can't
get a sales rep to return his call, or even get info mailed.

>From the tone of Jim's article he's over in engineering or tech support some
place but I'm as mad at Bell Tech as the people with technical problems.  I
called, *eight* times.  The last two I pleaded with their switchboard, "I have
money, CASH that I want to spend, PLEASE may I speak with a sales rep and if
not then at least an order taker"  Nope, the sphynx impression was perfect.

I chimed in because Jim said he is Bell Tech and because he made a point of
the good tech support.  Many of the complaints I have seen are about the
non-responsive nature of tech support.  I'm just expanding that to include
the whole company.  Jim, of course is exempt because he posted to the net
and gave me a chance to drop a little napalm :-) :-)

Let the record show, I'd have two ICC's rather than a competitor, a friend
of mine ditto, a mail neighbor would have a Bell Tech 20MHz system if they'd
just answer phone calls, return them when they couldn't, or even drop an
order form in the mail.  Maybe business is so good they don't mind the lost
sales, but I noticed and so did several others.

>after a 2 month testing and evaluation period. If they had the type of
>problems that you claim, we wouldn't be selling them 1000 a month.

If you didn't have the type of problem I claim, maybe you would be selling
2000 a month.
--
Bill Kennedy  Internet:  bill at ssbn.WLK.COM
                Usenet:  { killer | att-cb | ihnp4!tness7 }!ssbn!bill