SCO Xenix on MonoChrome system

The Super User root at libove.UUCP
Fri Jun 24 00:42:39 AEST 1988

I have SCO Xenix 2.2.1 and I've just changed from an RGB monitor to a
monochrome, a true blue IBM Personal Computer Display. Unfortunately,
things don't work quite right now... When the cursor reaches the last
line on the screen, and you hit enter one more time and it scrolls,
the lower right hand corner of the screen (bottom line, last forty
columns or so) turns in to a bunch of graphics characters. Hitting
enter to continue scrolling turns every new line (whole line now, not
just last few) in to graphics blocks or blank spaces - every line is
always the same. Switching to a different multiscreen and switching
back returns the screen to what really should be displayed there.

Has anyone else hit this or heard about such a problem? It is annoying only;
one can always switch back and forth among screens.

Of course, now that I'm sitting here a while, I see that this isn't the
only problem. Activity on other screens will sometimes effect the screen
you are looking at. E.G. I have a clock program running on tty09 and when
it displays a new minute the screen switches to tty09... sometimes I'll
switch away from and back to a screen to return it to normal and it will
take more than one try, etc...

Please, HELP!!!!!

Thanks
--