SCO Xenix 2.2.1 lp problem

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Sun Jun 5 03:46:38 AEST 1988

In article <5035 at june.cs.washington.edu> kevinr at uw-june.UUCP (Kevin Ross) writes:
>In article <22 at libove.UUCP>, root at libove.UUCP (The Super User) writes:
>> I have a problem somewhere in that with the line printer stuff.
>> I can't get the scheduler running.
>
>One thing you might want to try is starting the scheduler manually. I have
>had a similar problem from time to time.

I thought I had answered this question before, but perhaps that was a different
instance. lpsched should be started at boot time when /etc/rc is run. If it
is not then (assuming you have not mucked with the rc file) there is some
problem with the spool system and chances are that invoking it manually will
not solve the problem. The solution is simple, when lpsched fails at boot it
will report the problem in /usr/spool/lp/log. Simply go read that file and it
should reveal what the problem is, possibly a missing spool, member, or
request directory, etc. Fix the problem, and then call lpsched manually, if
need be go back and check the log again, and so on.

						Best regards,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA