C - development under UNIX - XENIX

Michael Deutsch deutsch at jplgodo.UUCP
Thu May 5 12:53:59 AEST 1988

These are questions for "C" and "UNIX" hackers.

Your answer to all of these or a few will be greatly appreciated.

1. A UNIX function call equivalent to: "mkdir" command is???

2. A programm running with "setuid" privilege, i.e.: -rwsr-xr-x
   tries to create directory and fails when executed by non-root,
   however, it works when executed by root, why???

3. How to issue an "lp/lpr" command from the program without
   diagnostic popping up on the terminal???

4. Which header file or type contains info on the file, i.e. (size,
   date created, date modified, number of links, etc.).

5. While using curses: one program spawns / forks/ issues a shell command
   to start program 2.  When the program 2 finishes the control
   comes back to the parent process that tries to refresh the
   screen i.e. restore to the state prior to invoking program 2,
   what curses call will do this?  I've tried
	refresh(curscr);
   but it does not seem to work?????????????

6. My program uses keypad, and that works fine with all UNIX - terminfo
   based systems; however pre 2.2 releases of XENIX were based on
   the termcap and did not have a:
	keypad( )
   call.  I can get around using keypad under XENIX; however why
   the program crashes if a keypad key is pressed under XENIX, how
   to get around this problems????

Please reply by e-mail, or call me collect at: (619) 452 - UNIX (8649)
	you may send a FAX as well: (619) 452 - 8711

Thanks.

Michael Deutsch