SUN date problem

Daniela Papa ilcu at icoven.olivetti.com
Mon May 2 21:19:57 AEST 1988

Every time I reboot my SUN 3/50M I get the message that the clock lost
29 days. While running the clock slows done about 10 minutes per hour, I
avoid this by speeding up the clock rate ( date -annn.sss ) but having to
reset the date every time I boot is a pain in the neck. Has anybody
experienced this problem? Is it a hardware bug.... I tried pulling out
the lithium battery and short-circuiting the electrolitic capacitor in
order to reset the Intersil ICM7170 but nothing happened except that I
got the message the the tod clock wasn't initialized. Any pointers....

The header isn't completely correct because I'm not in Cupertino but
in Ivrea, Italy and read news through our link to Cupertino.