compiling nethack on SCO xenix

Ben Smith ben at idsnh.UUCP
Wed May 11 12:54:42 AEST 1988

Thankyou for the many recommendations to include -LARGE in my CFLAGS when
compiling nethack.  It did as you indicated.. got rid of the heapspace error.
Everything has compiled, but now I have a linking error:

	cc -Ml -LARGE -m hack.map -o nethack /lib/Lsignal.o  apply.o bones.o ...
	(and so on for all .o files.)

	zap.o(zap.c) : fatal error: segment size exceeds 64K
 	pos: 82 Record type: 98
	*** Error code 1

	Stop.

I thought there might be an array in zap that exceeded the 64K limit for
a single variable, but I can't find one.  What is causing this?  Is the
code segment limited to 64K? No, not with the large model.

I am stumpped again.
-ben