ATI EGA wonder emulatie - HOW does it work

Sue Peru Sr. root at uwspan.UUCP
Wed May 25 05:14:41 AEST 1988

+---- honzo at 4gl.UUCP (Honzo Svasek) writes in <554 at 4gl.UUCP> ----
| It seems that there are ATI EGA Wonder users on the net. My original
| question was How This Works.
|
| I still want to use this mode, and am looking into how they do it.
+----

The Auto Switch stuff works by patching into int 0x10 and catching the
mode changes requested, and then setting the correct mode registers.
Since Unix... doesn't have anything remotely like "int 0x10" there isn't
anything for the programmer to hook into.  You would really want to
implement this as ioctl()s to the driver  [ ioctl( egafd, ptr, IOHIRESEGA ); ]
or some such idea.

    -John

--
Comp.Unix.Microport is now unmoderated!  Use at your own risk :-)