SCO Xenix 2.2.1 lp problem

The Super User root at libove.UUCP
Fri May 13 18:26:33 AEST 1988

I tar'ed off my whole SCO Xenix 2.2.1 filesystem and reinstalled only
the most basic system from the distribution floppies, then untar'ed
the backup back on to the system. I've found that a bunch of empty
directories did not get restored...

I have a problem somewhere in that with the line printer stuff.
I can't get the scheduler running. I've gone so far as to /etc/custom
and remove the lp stuff (which failed), then to install it again
(which did not complain, so I assume it worked), then /etc/mkdev lp
and create a new printer, then enable the printer, but still the
scheduler doesn't run (haven't rebooted yet), and when I "lpr filename"
it tells me that the default destination (name, correct) is not
existant. Fooey. Any helpful suggestions folks?

Thanks!
Jay Libove (pitt!darth!libove!libove or Jay.Libove at andrew.cmu.edu)
--
Jay Libove (Jay.Libove at andrew.cmu.edu  or  pitt!darth!libove!libove)