ksh weird files

Craig Curtin csc at chinet.UUCP
Wed May 25 04:09:22 AEST 1988

We seem to have some strange behavior when using ksh and running some
shell scripts that exec other shell scripts and then exec back to the
main shell script.  Our application is a test system that may be running
all day in the main menu.  The test person simply selects from a main menu
a sequence of tests to run and they are then execed.  When the tester is
ready to return to the main menu it is exec`ed back to main.  The problem
is that when the sub-shell program is exec'ed the ksh places a copy of the
screen (generated b inline redirection) in a /tmp/pid.sh.level file.  these
files are not that bit its just that when giving the tester a standard shell
/bin/sh these are not there.  When the tester logout all /tmp/pid.sh.level
files are removed but not till then. anyone got any clues??
thanks,
Craig Curtin
ihnp4!chinet!csc