disk drive hell (aka/etc/hdinit)

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Sun May 8 06:40:23 AEST 1988

In article <25409 at clyde.ATT.COM> wtr at moss.UUCP (Bill Rankin) writes:

>In article <187 at turnkey.TCC.COM> jack at turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F.
>Vogel) writes:
>>How can someone go to all the expense of buying a
>>386 box and then put an ST225 drive in it!!?!
>
>Okay, Jack, it's time for a small lesson.....
>
><flames:  ala Aesop>

[Bill's fairy-tale flames omitted]

Ohhh, beat me, hurt me :-} :-}, us "evil yuppie step-siblings" not only
spend our time going off to parties in our 'beamers', we're all into
S&M too!!! :-} :-}

Sorry to disillusion you Bill, but I drive a Nissan and run a 286 machine!
My reason is that for the same money I can more completely outfit a system
than with a 386 system. That was also my point in the original followup. But
that's OK, I enjoy a flame that I can chuckle along with.

>read the keywords: "need some installation ADVICE"

If you look at the context of the original posting he did not ask about
hardware suggestions, he wanted advise on installing Xenix86 on his present
hardware. Also I am now virtually certain that the problem was an imcompat-
ability between the 1003 controller and Xenix86. I know that you can actually
run Xenix286 on an ST225 drive.

						Best regards,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA