Checking for new mail

Paul Gillingwater paul at csnz.co.nz
Mon Aug 21 13:31:31 AEST 1989

Hi,
	What's the best way to check for the arrival of new mail?
I'm writing in C using SCO Xenix 2.3.1, but no doubt other approaches
would be helpful too.  I want a menu to display an indicator saying that
new mail has arrived when it comes into the user's mailbox.  It should
go away when they have read it.  I'd like it to look every so often,
maybe once per minute -- but it should check each time a new menu
is selected.

Any ideas?  Code fragments would be appreciated....

--
Paul Gillingwater, Computer Sciences of New Zealand Limited
Domain: paul at csnz.co.nz  Bang: uunet!vuwcomp!dsiramd!csnz!paul