Mice under VPIX

James O'Connor jim at bahamut.fsc.com
Sat Aug 26 12:30:40 AEST 1989

In article <611 at uci.UUCP>, clay at uci.UUCP (News Administrator) writes:
> I just added a bus mouse to my XENIX 386 system.  To use 'usemouse'
> I had to disable the gettys I had running on /dev/ttyp[01], which were
> supporting a serial mscreen for an async display.  Any way around this
> conflict?

Create a .mscreenrc file, and list only high numbered psuedo-ttys. Mscreen
will only look for and use the devices listed in this file.  E.g.
my .mscreenrc looks like:

ttyp4
ttyp5
ttyp6
ttyp7

Put this file in everyone's home directory who uses mscreen.  If you have
many users using mscreen, you will need to increase the list.

This will make mscreen ignore any unlisted psuedo-ttys, and leave the unlisted
ones available for things like usemouse and Xsight.  Any psuedo-tty's not
listed for use by mscreen, should be disabled.

While we're one the subject of psuedo-ttys, would someone be kind enough to
explain how to create more of them.  The mscreen man entry says to see the
link kit docs, but the link kit doesn't seem to say anything about ttyp's.
James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Filtration Sciences --			Play:   jim at bahamut.fsc.com
A division of Ahlstrom			UUCP:	uunet!tiamat!jim