Configuring Xenix

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Thu Aug 31 15:59:14 AEST 1989

In article <200959 at neabbs.UUCP>, richard at neabbs.UUCP (RICHARD RONTELTAP) writes:
> I wonder how you ever got the 530K kernel...
>
> Richard
> (...!hp4nl!neabbs!richard)

Actually, I think I may have figured it out.  I rebooted the old kernel and
looked closely at the info screen as it came up.  I did the same with the
new kernel.  The major dif was in the fact that on the old kernel the
system determined the number of i/o buffs automaticaly, which it did to the
tune of 303 of them at 1k each and in the new kernel I had specified only
40 i/o buffs, and so had gained around 260K of free space.  I wounder what
a true save lower limit on i/o buffs is for 2 user systme or even a 5 user
system.