nroff drivers

ody davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Thu Aug 17 04:15:36 AEST 1989

In article <5134 at ucdavis.ucdavis.edu> cck at deneb.ucdavis.edu (Earl H. Kinmonth) writes:

| SCO troff and nroff come with drivers for nifty devices like the CAT
| photo typesetter and the model 33 Teletype. Unfortunately, I do not
| have access to the Smithsonian Institution, where I presume such
| devices can be found. I kicked and screamed when they (the Computer
| Center) pulled the O-27 key-punch out from under me, but I lost the
| battle.
|
| Here in Davis, in that jerkwater institution known as the University of
| California, I have access only to such primitive devices as Xerox and
| Hewlett Packard laser printers, HP Think and Quiet Jets, Epson,
| Panasonic, and NEC (gawd, don't those names sound foreign and
| subversive!) dot-matrix machines, etc.

  Well if you ever get to the level of PostScript you could use the
troff driver for that. Nah! Too easy. Besides, you'd need the sarcasm
filter to keep from clogging the spaces between the bits.

  Seriously:
	tbl mydoc.n | troff -t -ms | thack | lpr -dlw
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen