Linking directories on Xenix???

ody davidsen at sungod.crd.ge.com
Tue Aug 22 05:07:06 AEST 1989

  You can do this as root using the link(S) system call. Of course if
you mistrust the program to the extent of making it run chroot then *I*
wouldn't let it touch the space where my passwd and group live. I
strongly encourage doing something like copying the modified files
(perhaps after checking WHICH files they are) into the live /etc.

  Another note (I found out the hard way), most backup programs will
fail in some way trying to back up such a link. Be *very* careful, as
some of the failure modes I found involved trashing the filesystems
completely.
	bill davidsen		(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM)
  {uunet | philabs}!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen