Xenix/386 v2.2.1 on a TeleVideo...Help !

Louis Schmittroth louis at cs.AthabascaU.CA
Thu Aug 3 01:02:31 AEST 1989

In article <527 at extro.ucc.su.oz>, glenn at extro.ucc.su.oz (G. Geers [ext 3241]) writes:
> The hardware we have is a TeleVideo 386/16 with one floppy and a 40 Mb (type
> 14) hard disk. The configuration is set as 16 MHz cpu 5.3MHz bus video and bios
>
> Now for the problem:
> 386 Xenix 2.2.1 doesn't boot (Boots on one of our Compaq's so the disk is ok)

Xenix does not play on the Televideo supplied controller.  You will have to
substitute a standard controller.  I had the same problem and went (at that
time) to a WD WA2, but you might want to use something faster.

Louis Schmittroth
--

Louis Schmittroth, Computer Science, Athabasca University
auvax!louis