Trouble with TB Plus (Please Help!!)

Sandford Zelkovitz sandy at conexch.UUCP
Thu Aug 24 06:40:36 AEST 1989

In article <124 at clleth.UUCP>, grant at clleth.UUCP (Grant Fengstad) writes:
> I am having some wierd problems with my Telebit Trailblazer Plus modem.
> Firstly, I will inform all on the equipment this is running on:
>
> 	Compaq 386s Computer System
> 	100MB Hard Drive
> 	5 MB Ram
> 	Xenix 386 2.3.2
>
> The modem is connected into the standard port (9 pin RS-232C).  The problem
> I am experiencing is with Netnews transfers.  At the 19,200 baud speed,
> uucico is reporting transmission faults from my host feed.  My effective
> transfer rate sucks, to put it bluntly.  What is happening is as news
> is being queued to transfer, the modem appears to time out and reports
>  Alarm 1
>  Alarm 2
>  Alarm 3, etc etc.

The simplist and, it seems, the MOST reliable TBIT setup is to use SCO's
own setup program which is also their dialTBIT! Before using this; however,
besure that you have installed the new sio drivers which support flow control.
I understand that you are using the Digiboard comm board. This, I am afraid
maybe one of your problems. On my system, I use a "standard" comm port and
an Arnet board configured as comm2. With this combination, I get extremely
reliable connections both incoming and outgoing. To make things even
simpler, I use dialTBIT as my dialer and call out using uucp spoofing.

I hope that this helps.

Sanford <sandy> Zelkovitz

--
uucp: ...!uunet!zardoz!alphacm!sandy   ....!att!hermix!alphacm!sandy
      ...!trwrb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy  ....!lcc!alphacm!sandy