tcpip on ps/2

Lance Norskog lance at belltec.UUCP
Wed Aug 9 04:56:10 AEST 1989

In article <9196 at chinet.chi.il.us>, randy at chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:

> 	I just installed 2.3.2 on a PS/2 Model 80.  I also bought
> 	SCO's tcpip knowing it had no drivers for the PS/2.  I have
> 	a 3com 3c523 and the UngerMan Bass card for the ps/2.  Does
> 	anyone know of any drivers for these cards, or a tcpip that
> 	will work with them?
> 	Thanks for any info.
> 	-randy
>
> --
> Randy Suess
> randy at chinet.chi.il.us

Western Digital has a Streams device driver for their line of WD8003
Ethernet/Cheapernet/Twisty/Starlan cards.  It has support for the PS/2 card.
The driver is available under non-disclosure from Western Digital to
resellers and others 'in the biz'; they may be willing to send it to you.
SCO should have a copy of this driver, and ought to have it in their release.
We use our own instead because we wanted to support the 3com 503 in its
shared memory mode.  Write me for more info.

For the record, we have had only 2 inquiries for TCP on PS/2 machines; this
lack of interest is probably why SCO TCP/IP has no PS/2 drivers.  Most
people who buy PS/2's go the whole IBM route: DOS, OS/2, or AIX and
Token Ring.

Lance Norskog
Sales Engineer
Streamlined Networks