SCO and xnx updates

Paul Gillingwater paul at csnz.co.nz
Fri Aug 18 11:04:42 AEST 1989

In article <1106 at ispi.UUCP> jbayer at ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) writes:
>SCO has a patch for this problem.  I don't have the number in front of me
>now, but call them and speak to the media desk.  Ask for the internal
>modem patch.
I have seen many such postings.  People like Jonathon are very helpful,
which is much appreciated.  But can someone from SCO please do us all
a favour, and occasionally post to this newsgroup (which is almost
entirely used for SCO's Xenix) a summary of all available patches, and
updates of new ones as they become available.  I know I have been
through this loop with our NZ SCo reseller many times.  Sometimes
they deny knowledge that the patch exists when we hit a problem.
We must have wasted hours trying to find the problem in our application
software when foreknowledge of the SCO fix could be so easily obtained.

Thanks SCO.  I like your products -- I'm hoping SCO UNIX will be
even better...

--
Paul Gillingwater, Computer Sciences of New Zealand Limited
Bang: ..!uunet!dsiramd!csnz!paul    Domain: paul at csnz.co.nz
Call Magic Tower BBS V21/23/22/22bis 24 hrs +0064 4 767 326