Looking for a xfer protocol (source preferred) usable with cu.

Bob McGowen Wyse Technology Training bob at wyse.wyse.com
Thu Aug 17 06:41:04 AEST 1989

In article <17 at .UUCP> root at .UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>In article <951 at lakesys.UUCP>, davek at lakesys.UUCP (Dave Kraft) writes:
>
>> I'm looiking for a transfer protocol (x/y/z/whatever-modem )
>

> Have  you looked at procomm?
		      ^^^^^^^
Shouldn't this be pcomm, since procomm is DOS specific and code is not
available for it, that I know of?

A note on using cu with ANY file transfer program--cu forks a second
copy of itself.  The two cu's separate IO duties, one taking incoming
data and displaying it on the terminal.  If you try to run a file
transfer program such as x/y/z modem this cu process and the file
transfer will compete for incoming characters and transfer will fail.

I have source for both pcomm and the xyzmodem programs.  email me
and I will get you copies.  I will need a bang path route, through
uunet preferred.  This should also be available from alphacm BBS
in Southern CA, if you are interested I also have phone number for
it.

Bob McGowan  (standard disclaimer, these are my own ...)
Customer Education, Wyse Technology, San Jose, CA
..!uunet!wyse!bob
bob at wyse.com