Configuring Xenix

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Mon Aug 28 03:09:03 AEST 1989

Well yet another thing that I don't understand about xenix that maybe
someone can help me with.  I decided to try and tune my system and
so I  changed some configuration parameters and made a xenix.new.
I rebooted the system and specified xenix.new, everything seems to be
working fine, but I noticed that the new kernel is 230K smaller than
the old one. It is 299K while the old what abot 530K, this worries me
alot.  Does anyone know what may have happened?  I would not
expect that the configuration options would have made that much difference
I expected to gain some but not 230k, I cut my multi screens from 12 to 8
I specified nbuff at 40 and nhbuf at 256 and set dmaexecl to 0.  That was
all.