Colour terminal reccomendations sought

Russ Kepler russ at bbx.UUCP
Fri Aug 25 08:49:11 AEST 1989

In article <431 at lxn.eds.com> bill at lxn.UUCP (Bill Doviak) writes:

>I have been looking for some time and have not come up with ANYTHING! The
>Wyse 350 magic cookies make windowing w/color very difficult (Just try to
>scroll a window that has color attributes). Also, the Wyse 350 has not been
>the most reliable terminal I've used.

We are in the process of attempting (yet again, seems to be an
annual effort) to locate color terminals.

To date the best we have found is to use a terminal emulator
on a IBM-PC color system.  The best that we've found to date
the Century Software's TERM package - it includes an emulation
of the SCO console driver.

The neatest thing about this solution is that you can tune
the cost of the 'terminal' to the user's pocketbook: CGA for
the 'cheapies' and EGA for the ones that don't want to go
blind...
--
Russ Kepler -  Basis International
SNAILMAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109