Seagate st-4096 dos/xenix

Don Glover corwin at polari.UUCP
Wed Aug 9 02:50:46 AEST 1989

 I had a similar problem on my CSS mother board (an old 6mhz job with only
512k on the mother board).  The partitions DID overlap and the dos side
wrote over the Xenix boot tracks all of the time.  My problem was solved
by getting a new rom.  The problem was that the rom did not have an entry
for the ST4096 and thus I was forced to make use of a 'non-standard'
drive type.  The way dos and xenix handle non-standard drives is different
enough that they conflicted and though they knew that each other was there
they did not like it.  According to my manual in this instance you CAN NOT
switch partitions and boot off of the HD for dos.  You must boot from floppy
for the dos side.  But, I do not recommend it, I had to reinstall Xenix 8 times
before I got the new rom, now I have no problems of this sort at all.