XENIX hard disks, partitions and divisions (long)

N. Del More noel at ubbs-nh.MV.COM
Thu Aug 17 16:16:24 AEST 1989

In article <2363 at wyse.wyse.com> bob at wyse.wyse.com () writes:

>Just before exiting, the script brands the kernel so it will run
>properly and uses dd twice, to install the files /etc/hdboot0 and
>/etc/hdboot1 on the XENIX partition boot track.

Interesting article.  I have a question concerning SCO's serialization
and branding of the OS or any other application for that matter.

Just how does it work.  I know from past experiance that while the files
may be present they will not function without the "branding".

Noel