Cartridge Tape Units

Bill Blue bblue at crash.cts.com
Sun Aug 6 03:58:54 AEST 1989

In article <110 at mdi386.UUCP> bruce at mdi386.UUCP (Bruce A. McIntyre) writes:
>The drivers built into the kernal for 2.2.x are for the LONG Archive controller
>but you still need to configure it manually.  You cannot use the autoconfigure
>mode, you must set the parameters when installing the drivers.  Note: The DOS
>program delivered with the ARCHIVE drive will not work on a machine running
>at a clock speed faster than 8-10 Mhz, but the XENIX drivers will work on
>machines up to 20Mhz at least. (I have not tried it on any faster machines)

You can get FASTAPE, the DOS program to work at higher bus speeds.  It's
a little odd, but it works consistently.  When you execute FASTAPE on
such a machine, just hold down the space bar (or any key) while it tries
to init the board/drive.  It'll come right up and everything operates
normally after that.

--Bill