UUCP help, SCO 2.3 HDB dialin/dialo

neese at adaptex.UUCP neese at adaptex.UUCP
Thu Aug 31 03:05:00 AEST 1989

Well, here is what I had to do in order to make my system work
as a dial in/out.  First, I have a UDS modem (2400 baud Hayes compat?).
I had to edit the 'dialHA24.c' file and change the MDSETUP line to contain
the following:

#define	MDSETUP		"AT&FTTL0T&D2&C1TS0=1S2=043E0Q0T&W\r"

I also made the same changes to the 'Dialers' file.  It seems that the original
entry for MDSETUP turned off auto-answer and then later on, the code
reset the modem (ATZ) and set it back to auto-answer.  On the UDS I found
that once auto-answer was turned off and then a 'ATZ' issued to it, it
would ignore the command 'ATS0=1', which re-enables the auto-answer.  So
I edited the 'dialHA24.c' and 'Dialers' so that they would never turn off
auto-answer and then enabled the port and all has been fine every since.  I
don't know if this applies to a real Hayes modem, but you might look and
see.  Hope this helps.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer
			UUCP @ {texbell,killer}!cpe!adaptex!neese
				merch!adaptex!neese