dial and bidirectional _direct_ uucp lines

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Mon Aug 21 10:49:31 AEST 1989

In article <1328 at ctisbv.cti-software.nl>, pim at cti-software.nl (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
> There is a theoratical problem when both systems are trying to connect
> to each other at the same time. I have not seen this happen in practice,
> though.

Hmm, well its definitely not theoretical on my system (uPort 386/3.0e) -- i
have observed plenty of times when my system is dialing out and then somebody
calls in and gets a carrier on the modem.

Meanwhile, uugetty has already started waiting for the appropriate things in
the chat script and doesn't get any of them, while the user on the other end
keeps sending CRs and breaks in a vain attempt to get a login: prompt....

derek
--
Derek Terveer 	    det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG || ..!uunet!s5000!hawkmoon!det
		    w(612)681-6986   h(612)789-8643

The Chinese general Wu Ch'i once beheaded a man who had ventured into the enemy