2nd hard disk controller

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Wed Aug 23 03:11:33 AEST 1989

I have been trying to get a second hard disk controller card to
work in my system.  I continue to have a problem.  First, the
background:

I am using a Western Digital WD1006V-MM1 controller.  The controller has
been modified to make it use interrupt 15 instead of 14.  It has been
strapped for the alternate address.

I have attached a Seagate 4051 hard disk.  This is the third hard disk
in the computer.

The computer is an Everex Step/25 system.

The problem:  every once in a while, the system will lock up while
accessing the third hard disk.  I can duplicate the lock up by doing a
bad track scan of the hard disk, specifying a thorough scan.  Within
three or four cylinders the system will lock up.

I have tried this with another hard disk, with the same results.

Any ideas?

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.