Xenix 386-AT vs. 386-GT

Lance N. Antrim lance at embassy.UUCP
Fri Dec 1 00:09:48 AEST 1989

>From article <3399 at cbnewsd.ATT.COM>, by snelson at cbnewsd.ATT.COM (steven.c.nelson):
>
> I'd really like to know if this has any chance of working before I shell
> out more money for the GT update.
>
> Thanks,
> s.c.nelson

The GT version provides support for SCSI drives and for DC-2000 tape
drives (not all are supported, but more than just the Irwin drive
supported by the AT version).  When I got my system (2.3.2) the AT
version listed for $100 less than the GT.  I don't know what has
happened since then, but it seems strange to confuse the product line
with both the AT and GT versions.  Does anyone know if the AT version is
(or has been) dropped?

--

Lance Antrim                            Project on Multilateral Negotiation
..!uunet!embassy!lance                  American Academy of Diplomacy