SCO XENIX/286 SYS V sh stack overflow

Dick Flanagan dick at slvblc.UUCP
Sun Dec 17 10:43:43 AEST 1989

I am attempting to install the Elm mailer on SCO XENIX/286 SYS V 2.3.2
and the README file for Elm 2.5 states:

	The Configuration script has been known to exceed the default
	stack size in Unix 286 sh's.  If Configure does not run correctly
	on this type of machine increase the stack size and rerun it.

Well, that's exactly what happens on my 286.  My question is, just how do
I go about getting an sh with a bigger stack?!?  Is there a utility that
can be used to patch the object file?  Can I get one from SCO?  Just how
do I go about doing this wonderful thing?

Thanks for any and all help!

Dick