SCO UNIX

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Fri Dec 15 02:20:43 AEST 1989

We are a small software operation developing on Xenix 386 but distributing
to above plus AT&T Unix, Interactive, Altos, etc.   I suspect like many folks
we are standing at the water's edge looking in at SCO UNIX and thinking,
	How Cold?
	How Deep?
	Do I Hafta?

Here are some questions about differences with Xenix and UNIX.  If they cause
flames, fine.  (I always wear sunglasses while reading news..)

1. Does SCO UNIX only allow you to login as ROOT on the CONSOLE?

2. Does SCO UNIX let you do a HALTSYS in 5 seconds and powerdown quick when
	thunderstorms approach?

3. Does SCO UNIX uucp still have those nifty dialer programs that remember to
kick yer modem into auto-answer mode when you enable the port for login?

4. Can SCO UNIX produce mountable floppy file systems edible by both Xenix,
and the AT&T/Interactive cabal?  (Obviously, we will be shipping to Xenix
clients for a while yet...)

5. Does SCO UNIX still have the Custom facility?

6. Is SCO UNIX really slower once you turn off security?

7. Is there a time limit on the ~*GENEROUS*~ upgrade program?

8. When will comp.unix.xenix become comp.unix.sco?

As always, we thank you for your support....

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd
Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247
uunet!emory!jdyx!mnopltd!neal Or uunet!gatech!stiatl!mnopltd!neal