Hayes V Series

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Mon Dec 11 12:13:59 AEST 1989

> Does anybody know it SCO Xenix 2.3 supports Hayes 9600 V Series
> modems?  Does it take a special dialer program?
>
> Is there any compatability problems with the V Series?
> Do they switch down to 2400 baud if you call up at 2400?
>
> Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Hi Rick.  I have been running with a pair of V-Series for the last 90
days without problems both under SCO Xenix and now under Interactive
Unix System V.   With both operating systems, I locked the port at 9600
baud (the V-Series didn't like 19.2kbaud) and used only one gettydef
entry for 9600 baud - and let the modem handle the downshifting to the
carrier baud rate.   Throughput on V.42 connections averages around
930 cps, and MNP connections at 2400 baud average 265 cps.

larry at nstar

--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root