How many have problems with Arnet+modems

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Sun Dec 24 11:02:20 AEST 1989

> 1) Telebit Modems:  Has anybody had any success with them and our
>    Smartport?  Yesterday I got marketing involved in trying to get
>    some Telebits in-house.  Our Support Department works really
>    hard but they were having no luck with getting infor from Telebit.
>    I have seen problem reports concerning Telebit modems not only
>    with us--Digiboard,Computone, and Anvil all have had postings.

FYI - I recently installed a Computone Intelliport board in my
386 machines running 386ix 2.02 and the Hayes V-Series and
USR HST work just dandy with Zmodem transfers - but the T2000
always yields an error after the third block (of 1024 bytes).

All the modems are configured for XON/XOFF and the ports are
all locked.

Happy Holidays -

--
Larry Snyder, Northern Star Communications, Notre Dame, IN
uucp: root at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!root