floppy drives and VP/ix

Jeff Wood jdw at hpfijdw.HP.COM
Sat Dec 23 03:57:35 AEST 1989

I am using SCO Xenix 2.3.2 and VP/ix 1.0.  I have a 5.25
and 3.5 floppy drives in my system.  My problem occurs when
I try to start vpix.  I get an error message something to
the effect of:

Error 16 cannot open file "/dev/rfd1135ds18" for drive B

The entries for floppy drives in my vpix.cnf are as follows:

A	/dev/rfd096
B	/dev/rfd1135ds18

If I delete either one of the drive entries, it works fine.
It seems I can only have one floppy drive even though the
documentation says I can have two.  Am I doing something wrong???

Jeff