SCSI and AT bus support?

Wm E Davidsen Jr davidsen at crdos1.crd.ge.COM
Tue Dec 19 03:49:58 AEST 1989

  A group here has an interesting problem. They have some hardware which
requires a SCSI interface. They have to control it with a 386 box
running an AT type controller. Because the AT type controller is built
into the system replacing it is not an option.

  We are looking for a good solution to the problem. The one we would
like is to get a SCSI driver which runs with standard Xenix. The
alternative is either adding an AT driver to the GT version, or ignoring
the AT controller and supplied ESDI drive to use a SCSI drive off the
controller we have to include anyway.

  Obviously scrapping something we have to buy is not a really good cost
move, so we want to keep the ESDI drive and just run our magic
peripherals off the SCSI controller.

  I would like to hear from anyone who has done this, or anything like
it. We can not qualify other hardware for the system and still meet
delivery schedules, and I can't give much more in the way of details
about just WHAT we are going to do with this setup. It's not military,
just proprietary for now.

--
bill davidsen	(davidsen at crdos1.crd.GE.COM -or- uunet!crdgw1!crdos1!davidsen)
that the world is flat!" - anon